Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Oklahoma!

On this day in 1907, Oklahoma became the 46th state. (all that is from memory. booya!)


OOOOk-lahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain,
And the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet, When the wind comes right behind the rain.
OOOOk-lahoma, Ev'ry night my honey lamb and I, Sit alone and talk and watch a hawk makin' lazy circles in the sky.

We know we belong to the land (yo-ho)
And the land we belong to is grand!
And when we say
Yeeow! Aye-yip-aye-yo-ee-ay!
We're only sayin'
You're doin' fine, Oklahoma!
Oklahoma O.K.!

Here are some of my favorite folks from Oklahoma:

And that's just a few of them!


My theme for the day:

Oh, what a beautiful morning',
Oh, what a beautiful day.
I got a beautiful feelin'
Ev'rything's goin' my way.

as well as:

If I ever get back to Oklahoma,
Gonna nail my feet to the ground.
Too many stones are in my path
I been trippin' and fallin' down
Those Oklahoma City girls are fine
And Tulsa's quite a town
If I ever get back to Oklahoma
Gonna nail my feet to the ground

I can't wait to be back in Oklahoma!













3 comments:

Jessica Coody said...

aww, this post made me grin!! It's rare in this big old blog world to find someone as in love with Oklahoma as I am! Oklahoma is looking forward to having you back, too!

Emily @ EMILY POSTS said...

hilarious. Dr.Phil sucks

Marie@Procrastinating in Pink said...

I love OK too! I didn't know Dr. Phil was from OK?! AND I LOVE Kristen Chenoweth!