I have 13 followers. Hollaaaaa! Most of y'all I know personally, but there are like 4 that I don't. So that makes me excited!
For some reason, I feel the need to tell y'all a story. By the end of it, I may have 0 followers again. But I feel the need to tell this.
I was with Nate Dawg's family at his cousin's wedding in Springfield, MO. Nate Dawg and I had been married at least a year at the time. It was a nice wedding, everyone was having a great time. I was rockin this suuuper cute yellow dress. Anyway, the reception was nice because there was a sweet chocolate fountain and lots of wine. I started drinking lots of wine and the only thing I had to eat was some fruit covered in chocolate. I won't go into details, but I danced a lot on some stage with all of Nate Dawg's cousins and drank lots of wine. Did I mention I drank lots of wine? When we got back to the hotel, everyone was in the lobby, and I threw up on Nate Dawg's little brother Nick. Like all over his shirt. I think he was maybe 19 at the time. I'm sure one of his goals in life was to have his sister-in-law throw up on him in front of his entire family.
We were sharing a room with Nick and I woke up the next morning in a bed by myself in my thong and strapless bra. Classy. I thought Nick was in the other bed, so I said, "Nick! What happened? Where am I? Where's Nate?"
Then Nate looked at me over the covers, and I'm sure I looked all sorts of confused. I said, "Nate?! Why are you over there?" He said, "Because you threw up on yourself and my brother and I was afraid you would throw up on me."
I saw my dress on a chair, covered in vomit. Nice. Good one Morgan.
We had to get ready and go to b'fast with his fam. Nate Dawg's great uncle came over to me, did the sign of the cross, then laughed and said, "No one in this family can say anything about your actions because they've all been there themselves. Some of them have been there more than once." Then he said he'd pray for me and he left for Mass.
Since then, the person who acts a fool at any family gathering is given the title "The One Who Wore the Yellow Dress".
That pic is pre-vom.
The following Monday I went to the dry cleaners to drop off my dress. They knew who I was, so I just put the dress in a wad on the counter, told them someone threw up on me, then walked off. They cleaned it up real nice, but I haven't worn the yellow dress again. Literally or figuratively.
Not sure if that means favorite songs of the moment, or favorite songs EVER.
If we're talking favorite songs ever...then My Girl by Temptations would be #1.
My dad used to sing it to me, but he would say, "Morgan, Morgan, Morgan, talking bout...Mooooorgan, Morgan!" We danced to this song at my wedding. Very generic, except for when people are singing along with you, but changing the words from "my girl" to "Morgan". Love it.
#2 would probably be All You Need is Love by The Beatles.
This song is very uplifting.
So close, yet so far away....next songs would've probably been Hey Jude by The Beatles, The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkel, Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen, Fishin in the Dark by Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, You Don't Mess Around with Jim and Bad Bad Leroy Brown by Jim Croce, and She's Every Woman by Garth Brooks.
I need to get the rest of the paperwork together to get my Oklahoma teaching license, but I don't wanna.
I DON'T need to be blogging or playing outside in this gorgeous weather with 3 super cute doggies and all of the neighborhood kids. But I did that.
Norman has been outside playing with 2 other doodles. It's adorable. One chocolate labradoodle, and a black goldendoodle. I know what you're thinking, "black Goldendoodle, that just ain't right." But it's true. And he's adorable.
It's very hard to get 3 dogs to sit still long enough to take a picture. Here's one. Shadow, the black goldendoodle, is only 14 weeks old.
This is a pic of Norman's girlfriend Leia.
Isn't she cuuuute? She sits real pretty for pics. Just like Norman
I need to do something productive. So I'm stepping away from the computer.
I'm participating in Katie's Thoughtless Thursday! First time, yo!
Apparently I haven't been watching enough TV recently to know that all of the NBC Thursday night shows were back on tonight. Good thing I have my trusty DVR to make sure I catch all things comedy. I recorded My Generation, but didn't actually start recording until about 15 minutes into the show. I haven't watched it yet, but I'm excited to see what that's all about!
I'm excited for tomorrow for 2 reasons. 1. Nate Dawg is flying home. Yeaaaa booooyyyy! I'm going to hug him, and squeeze him, and never let him out of my sight. At least until Sunday. Or if he goes to the bathroom. Then I'll leave him be. But other than that, we'll be attached at the hip for 48 hours. SO happy!
2. A special birthday party. This does not include a birthday suit of any kind. One of my assistants at school, Paula, has a birthday September 30. Her husband, Colonel Grogan, will be retiring from the Army for a second time next week, so she won't be here with us on her bday. She works next Monday, then is off the rest of the week We (my other assistant Sylvia) think she'll be expecting a birthday celebration on Monday, so we decided to really surprise her with a celebration tomorrow! We got her a gift certificate for a mani/pedi so she can get all ready for Colonel Grogan's Retirement Party Deux. I picked up her cake this evening and we're ordering pizza for lunch. Exciting day at the middle school if I do say so myself.
Paula always does super nice stuff for anyone and everyone, so she'll finally get her day to be spoiled.
Also, when I got into my classroom this morning, Paula and Sylvia said that a student brought me something. It's a boy that I teach Science and Social Studies to, so I only see him 1 block each day. Anywho, there was a plastic bag filled with stuffed animals and a book. He told me it was a bunch of stuff he didn't want anymore, so he wanted to share it with me. So sweet. I'm not sure if he was trying to be my secret admirer or something, but he wrote on a piece of notebook paper, "For Mrs. Baker. And the other two. From: ???????? PS I am a boy."
The paper was folded in a weird way and clipped to the bag with a bobby pin. How cute. Here are some pics.
The bag included a "Southern Belle Novel", a stuffed Scrappy Doo, a Tennessee Titans bear, and a monkey puppet. Like the kind you stick your hand up it's butt.
As crazy as the days are at school, the gang things that happen, bomb threats, etc. There's always a little sunshine willing to give up his old stuff and give it to you just to be sweet. And this is a boy who doesn't have much at all.
I better get to reading. My class is expecting a book report on this "Southern Belle Novel" before fall break.
BTW: 6 days of school left until my 2 wk fall break. Teachers Rule!
So I'm blog stalking. Don't act so surprised. I found this blog and it made me put down my chicken nuggets, pause E! News, and really read what this little lady wrote.
Leaving a legacy. I'm not talking about the fact that I'm a Theta legacy and my daughter will be a Theta legacy. When I leave this place, how do I want to be remembered?
Do I want to be remembered for dancing with my middle school Special Ed class to Soulja Boy "Crank That"? Or do I want to be remembered for the moment I was told what the words to that song mean? Of course it was after the dancing.
Do I want to be remembered for crying on the stand in a courtroom last year, pleading my case to get one of my students removed from his home? Or do I want to be remembered for successfully getting him removed from the hell hole of a house?
Do I want to be remembered for drinking too many martinis at Big Al's my senior year of college, then coming home and falling in the bathroom and hitting my eye on the bathtub? Do I want to be remembered for the moment I woke up the next morning and realized my eye was almost completely swollen shut? Or better yet, do I want to be remembered for looking in the mirror, seeing the gigantic black eye, then laughing and seriously wondering how the heck that happened?
Do I want to be remembered for getting my school involved again in Special Olympics? And having the cutest shirts designed for our team?
Do I want to be remembered for throwing up on Nate Dawg's little brother at his cousin's wedding? Wine and Jägermeister were a baaaaad choice.
Do I want to be remembered for ALWAYS sending birthday/anniversary/get well/sorry for your loss cards? I should totally have stock in Hallmark.
I kind of figure that every person I've met will think of my "legacy" as something different. I hope that in general people will say, "That Morgan. She done good. (at least that's how they'll say it round these parts) Girl can't hold her liquor."
I had a Mexican lady, like straight up born in Mexico, who worked in my office when we lived in Texas. She said this a lot. Plus I heard it from this guy on The Simpsons.
1. I got a new student today. Which is terrific, except if you're a Special Education Teacher, then that means so much more paperwork. I also found out he's on probation. And he's in 6th grade. Then another 6th grader perked up and said he's on probation too. Now the two of them can be bff's in juvie. Ay Dios Mio!
2. I found out that my friend Erin's hubby went on a date with Carrie Underwood in college. What the what? My friend Liv went to NSU in Tahlequah and Carrie was a waitress at a restaurant they went to. Pink Lou Lou, did you hear that? Ay Dios Mio!
3. A super sweet student of mine, and I'm calling him super sweet to keep from being mad at him, asked me today when I turned 40. I said, "14 years from now. Thanks." But yesterday he said something about me being 20, so I've decided he doesn't know what he's talking about. Ay Dios Mio! and Bless his little heart.
4. Nate Dawg sent me flowers at school. He sent them yesterday, but I left early and apparently they came RIGHT after I left. So they were on my desk bright and early this morn.
In the card he called me "superwoman". Ay Dios Mio!
5. Yes, that is Dukes of Hazzard on my mousepad, what of it?
6. My pregnant friend/coworker Elizabeth got all sorts of decked out for the pep rally today. One purple/one gold sock, purple ribbons in her hair, purple shorts, gold shirt. We were by the cheerleaders, so what else would an 8 month preg girl do but dance? And cheer? She even got pom poms from a girl. It was so funny. Then our 70ish year old principal, who is always so stern, danced with her. It was hilarious. I wish I would've had a video.
7. I'm not checking my spelling in this. Just thought you should know. asl;kdfjasldkfj
Let's be honest here. I don't fix my hair. It's curly when I want it to be straight, straight when I want it to be curly, and it's thick. Deceivingly thick. When I do fix my hair, I dig:
1. Redken Glass Smoothing Serum. I'm almost out of this. But the really sad thing is, I've had this same bottle since my freshman year of college. Maybe I should fix my hair more often.
2. I kinda sorta rarely wash my hair. Like 2-3 times a week. My hair seems more oily when I was it everyday as opposed to every other or every 2 days. I promise I'm not gross. But, I've gotten into using dry shampoo. It's the bomb.com. I'm a big fan of this Oscar Blandi stuff. Did I just say Oscar Blandi? Yes, the girl who never fixes/washes her hair uses Oscar Blandi. I also hate tomatoes, but I love tomato juice, ketchup, and spaghetti sauce. So sue me.
My apologies for trying to figure out this blogging thing, and not being very successful. I don't know how to do the backgrounds or banners or fonts. I need a catchy theme to go with my Mogyver title. Oh, and I need to apply for jobs in Oklahoma. Anyone want to hire me? I'm apparently not so good with computers...
We had our first house showing today. Pretty good, considering we just put it on the market Friday evening. Hopefully it went well. Maybe the guy will contact us tomorrow and say he wants to buy the house for full price. That would be great.
Does anyone ever feel like they need 3 or 4 DVR's? Monday nights are good TV nights, but I can't record everything I want to watch. Frustrating.
A while back, I made a list of Nashville restaurants where I would like to eat. I'm slowly checking restaurants off my list. My friend Katy was husbandless this weekend as well, so she opted to run around the area with me and try some different places. Saturday, we went to The Puffy Muffin in Brentwood and had some delicious quiche. I wanted cake because it's also a bakery, but Katy made me get real food. But we did get to go to Sweet CeCe's. It's like Rusty's in Norman, only better.
Sunday morning we went to 55 South and had brunch. OMG so good. I had: Eggs Saint Louis. It's English Muffin Topped with Poached Eggs, Sautéed Crabmeat, Asparagus, Hollandaise. Katy got: Eggs Melanzana. It's Fried Eggplant Rounds, Topped with Shaved Pork Loin, Grilled Tomato, Poached Eggs, Sprinkle of Parmesan. We had mimosas and shared b'fast food. So good.
This wknd Nate Dawg will be in town, so we're going to Jack's. We keep going to eat at Jack's on Sundays, then we realize it's not open on Sundays. Silly us. This time we'll do better.
Pay no attention to my sweaty face that is lacking makeup. I had been moving stuff and cleaning after drinking with breakfast. I showed up to this cute little one year old's family birthday party a mess. Happy 1st Birthday Nonie! In the middle is my friend Elizabeth also known as Nonie's mama. She's due with her second girl, Wylie, who will grace us with her presence around October 31. Elizabeth and Hubs will have a 13 month old and new born. That makes me tired just thinking about it.
Apparently there are a few things I need to confessssssss
1. I just finished off a bag of cookies for breakfast.
2. I'm so, so jealous of this girl from my high school. Marie graduated 2 years ahead of me with my brother Paul. I was reading her blog yesterday, she said something about coming to Nashville for a wedding. Last night she emailed and said Taylor Swift was at the wedding. And the night before she saw Ty Pennington because Extreme Home Makeover was here redoing a school that was damaged in the May floods. I'm so jealous she got to see 2 famous people. I've lived here for over a year and have yet to see anyone famous. Jealous.
3. I'm also jealous of my friend Erin. She can decorate like it's nobody's business. But I am excited for finally get to Oklahoma and get our house because she can come up and decorate my entire house for free! Right, E?
4. I feel like Carrie Underwood and I could be friends in real life. I'm trying to make that sound so not psycho.
5. I miss my brothers like crazy. That'll be another post.
People keep asking me why I don't blog. I tried once. See above post. That was a while ago.
On another note, there was a bomb threat at the HS next to the school where I teach. So all 2,000 students from the HS came to the middle school for most of the afternoon. We have about 1,100 students at the middle school. It was nuts. I teach a pretty severe Special Education Class, and we had at least 35 students in the room, all severe. It was a tough day. At one point we had about 50 people in my room, including, but not limited to: students, teachers, assistants, peer tutors, random people...and we're used to 15 at the most. Just another manic Monday?
What they thought was a bomb, was actually some PVC pipe filled with sand. But the bomb squad was called in, then students texted parents, parents came and were crazy rude. I understand they were stressed, but if their children had been following the rules and wouldn't have had their cell phones w/them, they wouldn't have been worried so much bc teenagers tend to exaggerate. Duh.
Last random thing for the moment: How does my dog always lay his head on a pillow? He's a funny, funny dog, as evidenced by the pics below:
When Irish eyes are smiling,
Sure, 'tis like the morn in Spring.
In the lilt of Irish laughter
...You can hear the angels sing.
When Irish hearts are happy,
All the world seems bright and gay.
And when Irish eyes are smiling,
Sure, they steal your heart away.