Now that I'm back into the swing of things, it's time to participate in Top 2 Tuesday once again.
PS Our house in TN closed today. We are done with selling! Now onto buying!
Top 2 Cleaning and Organization tips or tricks!
1. Baskets. Instead of having anything loose in a drawer or cabinet, put it in a basket. Even if you are totally not organized, at least your place won't be a mess.
images from bed, bath and beyond.
2. Clean up right after you make the mess. I know it's easier said than done. But, if you clean up right after you've made dinner, then you don't have to worry about waking up to a messy kitchen.
2 1/2. Clean your house before you go on a trip. I think it's very stressful to come home to a messy or dirty house. It is a pain to make sure it's all picked up and cleaned before you leave on a big trip, but it's so worth it when you get home.
Head over to Taylor's blog and link up! You can get some great tips.
-My dad turned 60 Friday. He needs grandbabies, STAT!
-Nate Dawg drove me 12 hours through 6 states Thursday night into Friday morning. We had Thanksgiving with my brother Joe Clay and dad's oldest sister, who is 75. She told me when she went to OU, Bud Wilkinson was coaching. That. is. awesome.
-Saturday, Nate Dawg drove me to OKC to hang out with my bff and her baby. And her husband. We watched the game at Brandi and Steve's. Her baby Cailyn is practically an adult. I feel bad that I've missed the first few months of her life. Now that we officially live in this state again, we won't go too long without seeing each other.
-We've gone to look at some houses. My head hurts. Lots of houses. I'll let you know when we choose one.
-I'm taking Norman with me to Pawhuska tomorrow. He'll stay with my parents for a while. This dog was not meant for a small apartment. He needs to run free. And by free I mean a fenced yard. My mom needs a walkin partner, and Normie loves walks. It will be perfect.
-I can't wait until we have kids and I drop them off at my parents house for a while. Right, Mom? You can walk our kids for us.
Go to Carissa's blog and link up-or I'll punch you in your face! If that's not peer pressure, I don't know what is.
Normally, I wouldn't go braggin about a game like this. Half my family went to Oklahoma State, the other half went to THE University of Oklahoma. Heck, my grandparents and great-aunts and great-uncles went to OSU when it was Oklahoma A&M. That was like forever ago....before it was Oklahoma State.
Then there's the fact that I, along with Nate Dawg and my 2 older brothers and brother-in-law, and bestest friends graduated from OU. And Nate Dawg and I were married in Oklahoma Memorial Stadium. Yessir. My parents paid waaaay too much money for us not to be loyal. :)
BUT-the Cowboys were favored to win. And it was a home game. And we tend to suck it up 4th quarter.
We drove 12 hours yesterday from Woodstock, GA to Tulsa. Got in at 2 this morning. We went through Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma. I did not drive. Nate Dawg drove. We went through some crazy, crazy rain for about half of the trip. We left 75 degree weather in GA and made it in time for Tulsa to be 23 degrees.
Nate Dawg is currently playing Call of Duty: Black Ops. Norman is resting peacefully on a chair, and I am so dedicated that I'm blogging. Ok, I'm so bored that I'm blogging. You. Are. Welcome.
1. Black Friday is overrated. I guess it's because we don't have kids, but nothing I'm getting anyone is SO much cheaper on Black Friday that I have to get up super early and fight the crowds. 2 years ago in Keller, TX, my MIL, BIL and I went. Keller is not very big, so there weren't super crazy crowds. It was so hot in the stores that I started to get nauseous. I left my list at home. I got in the store and couldn't remember a darn thing I was going to get. I ended up with a pair of running pants and a chair massager thing from my MIL, and a pre-lit Christmas tree for like $30. That was the best deal of them all.
Just got off the phone with my MIL. She is Black Friday shopping with HER 81 year old mother. The check out lines are wrapped all around the store. Then she said, "Oh...some lady just rear ended me with her cart." It's dangerous out there folks.
2. Christmas shopping this year will include online shopping. And lots of it. That's how I do things.
3. Holiday shopping makes me eh, I guess it makes me happy to get the things that people want. I used to start in October. Even starting that early, you would find me freaking out on Christmas Eve because I hadn't gotten someone's present. Maybe it will be easier living in Tulsa bc we are right down the road from the mall. We've never lived in a city with a mall. I'm small town y'all.
-Today is my last day of work. Sad. Excited. Anxious.
-Last week one of my assistant principals asked me if I was going to cry on my last day. I said that I wasn't sure. Then he said, "You better cry!" Then my principal said, "If you don't cry, I'm gonna make you cry." I love those people.
-The packers come tomorrow to start. Nate Dawg flies in tomorrow night. Wednesday the packers come back and finish. Then they move the stuff onto the truck. Then we leave. Where we're going, I don't know. We may head to Atlanta, we may head straight to OK.
-2 of my coworkers took me to Opryland. It was all sortsa destroyed during the May flood
-Now it looks like this
Amazing. -I disposed of the dead bird. -I want to get new stockings for Nate Dawg and myself. -Is it weird that I want to to ahead and get them monogrammed as "Mom" and "Dad", instead of Morgan and Nate? I'm not preg, but eventually we will have kids. So I might as well go ahead and get the Mom and Dad stockings. right? -Weird? -Don't answer. -Bedlam is this Saturday at OSU. I don't hate OSU. I cheer for them as long as they're not playing OU. I'm pro-Oklahoma at all times. BUT-I hope we beat them this year. Since it's on their turf, there's a good chance we will play poorly. Because that's just what we do. -I want these shoes that Oprah gave away on her Favorite Things show. -I plan on making many-a-lists on the long car ride while Nate Dawg is driving. Lists will include but are not limited to: Christmas lists for friends and family aka what we will get them Nate Dawg's Christmas List My Christmas List Houses we want to see in Tulsa
Head over to Carissa's blog and link up! Everybody's doing it!
It's supposed to be 75 degrees in Thompsons Station today. WHAT!?! I love 75 degrees. It just may be my favorite temperature.
So I started opening windows and what not. I opened the front door and found this:
Yes, those are my legs and feet in the reflection. Those socks are hot, right?
Yup, that's a dead bird. Our backyard is Bird Highway, and our front yard is pretty much the access road to Bird Highway. I imagine that poor birdie flew smack into our front door.
Norman is a bird dog. He can actually catch them out of the air. Impressive. But he likes to eat them. I never taught him how to hunt bc I didn't want my Papa and Uncles to take advantage of my bird dog and make him go hunting. Norman is a lover, not a fighter.
Norman kind of has his own version of Angry Birds going.
So he's all upset with me that I won't let him go out and get the bird.
Have you ever had a dog give you a dirty look and stomp his paws?
but it's Friday. And I'm actually fillin this sucker out on Friday.
Morgan CAN follow directions!
1. My Thanksgiving plans this year will include I honestly have no idea. We're not sure if we'll be back in OK yet. Or if we'll go to Atlanta and see my brother before he leaves for Iraq. I just know the movers are gettin our stuff out of the house on Wednesday and then we're goin somewhere. Hell, we may end up spending Thanksgiving at Cracker Barrel in Tulsa. We have no idea.
2. My favorite Thanksgiving was 2007. It was the first Thanksgiving Nate and I hosted at our house in TX. Lots of family came. We had like 20 people in our house. We were in charge of the turkeys. And it was great.
3. My signature Thanksgiving dish is umm...pumpkin custard pies. It's ONLY my signature dish bc Nate made it my signature dish. I don't know if your husbands have these "traditions" or so they call them, where some woman in their life (mom, gma, aunt, neighbor) makes this certain thing every year, and then you are forced to make it. This is the most difficult pie in the world, but it is delicious. I don't put all of the pumpkin custard in there bc I generally eat about 1/4 of it while making. And I don't feel bad about it for a second. BUT, I am only required to make it once a year. Yay me?
4. My favorite Thanksgiving food is ooohhh...sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie.
5. Thanksgiving free association! I still don't understand this.
6. Thanksgiving is good times. Not as big a deal to me as Christmas. My hometown doesn't have a movie theatre, so I never got to go to the big city and watch a movie on Thanksgiving like other kids. Since we've lived in medium and big cities, we tend to watch a movie in the theatre sometime on Thanksgiving. The sad thing is, it's one of like 3 times out of the year we actually go to the theatre. I get antsy in those seats.
7. I am thankful for at this moment....the fact that we sold our house. Nate just text me and we are officially fall through protected. For those of y'all who haven't moved with a large company, "fall through protected" means the dude can back out before officially signing the papers to buy the house and the relocation company will buy the house from us for that price. So, we're in the clear. 2 months on the market we sold our house. Lord've mercy, we are so very thankful. Oh, and of course I'm thankful for my friends, family, and coworkers. Duh! I am truly so, so blessed to have each of you in my life.
For those of you who are thinking you want to move somewhere just to get away, please come to Thompsons Station, TN. Or Spring Hill. Or Nashville (Nashvul) proper. Best place to live, right behind Oklahoma. Tennessee is a melting pot of people and cultures. I love it. I just love it.
-I got super excited watching Pioneer Woman on Throw Down with Bobby Flay tonight? I almost screamed when he said, "Pawhuska, Oklahoma." Pioneer Woman
-Ben Affleck was filming a movie in my tiny hometown. I stalked him one day. I almost peed my pants when I saw him. -I think Ryan Reynolds is the #2 Sexiest Man Alive. Right behind my Nate Dawg :) image via people.com
-I also think JFK Jr. was suuuuuper hot.
google images -I made sausage tonight and bought a bunch of stuff for queso tomorrow for my class. They'll be in charge of stirring the crock pot. I'm calling it "life skills". -I'm still obsessed with Words With Friends. -I got a coworker to start playing. She got her husband to start playing. Now they are obsessed. -I got my hair done by a new girl today. And I love her. And I love my hair. I wish I would've found this girl earlier! -I'm a tiiiny bit obsessed with a girl from college. She was always my girl crush and I thought everything she did was the coolest thing ever. My friends and I still stalk her via fb. -Norman just farted. And I'm laughing. -Apparently I'm obsessed with a lot of things.
1. I have tomorrow off because we have the house inspection. Hopefully nothing is wrong with our house. That will make the selling process much, much easier.
2. I can't wait to live with my husband again.
3. Nate Dawg was supposed to fly in at 8 Friday night. He got to the airport in Tulsa at 2ish. It was storming there and his flight kept getting pushed back. He left the airport at 8:15 to head back to the apt. His flight got cancelled, so he took one Saturday at 7:15am. They put him in first class! So we had all day Saturday to hang out.
4. Sunday he was supposed to leave at 1:55. I dropped him off at the airport. 15 minutes later he says that his flight is delayed until 3. Not cool American Airlines.
5. Norman has gone to the airport with us everytime I've taken Nate up there. He really, really wanted to go this time. But Nate and I were going to eat at Puckett's on the way, so we couldn't take Norman. He was all pouty and stuff. We were walking out to the garage and I tried to shut the door going from our kitchen to the garage. It hit something. So I open it back up and Norman runs towards us. He soooo did not want to be left. Bless his heart.
6. I had pumpkin cheesecake at Puckett's and it was delicious.
7. My last day of work has changed. It was supposed to be next Tuesday, now the movers are coming that day so Monday it is! Since I don't have to work tomorrow, that means I only have 4 days of work left. Bittersweet.
1. The most spontaneous thing I've ever done was umm...probably buying the house that we're in at the moment. We came out here the first wknd of May 2009 to look at houses. We looked at 14 the first day we were here. We went back to TX, talked about the houses, blah blah blah, and closed by the end of May. We got here on Thursday May 28 and closed on Friday May 29.
2. The best gift I've ever received was my grandmother's Bible. My grandma passed away my senior year of high school. She carried the same Bible for a looong time. The cover was all torn up and she had all sorts of things written and underlined inside. At Christmas we do white elephant or dirty santa. One year when we did White Elephant. So we had to bring something that we already owned, or we could buy something for $10 or less. My Uncle JR picked my name and he had her Bible recovered for me. Anytime I need inspiration, I can open it up and find scriptures that my Grandma had underlined or just look at her writing. Still brings tears to my eyes.
3. A time that I was truly and genuinely surprised was when Nate Dawg proposed. Here's the story:
I was a senior at OU and we had just had our 2 yr. anniversary. He lived in Dallas because he had already graduated and was a grown up. We got to see each other every wknd, taking turns making the 3 hour drive between Norman and Dallas. One wknd, we weren't going to be able to see each other. He had to work and it was Dad's Day at OU, so my parents were coming in town. So Thursday night, I was about to be on my period and so was my roommate. We were both super moody, so it was best we didn't go out to a bar. We went to 7-11 and stocked up on candy and came back to the house and watched TV and ate. (I know, I know.) Nate Dawg said he was meeting up with our friend Miah (Jeremiah) for happy house. So he's texting me and it's all misspelled, but sweet texts. I thought he was drunk. Between bites of ice cream, I kept checking my phone. He said, "If I got down on my knee and asked you to marry me right now, would you say yes?" I checked it and I told my roommate, "OMG, how adorable. Look what he said." Right then the doorbell rang. The doors to the outside in that house had to be locked/unlocked with a key from the inside. So I'm trying to find my keys, Katie is trying to find hers. I get mine and she goes to look out the window to see who it was. I flipped on the outside light and she sees who it is and screams. I unlocked the door, saw Nate Dawg on his knee on my front porch and I'm in pj's and house shoes and I start falling backwards. Wood floors + house shoes = Morgan hits the floor. I was so, so surprised. And he wasn't drunk :)
4. I can't leave the house without my phone.
5. My favorite day of the week is Saturday because I generally feel relaxed, but I'm still able to get stuff done. Sundays are tough because some things don't open until later in the day, if they're open at all.
6. Something that can always make me laugh is Nate Dawg. He's a someone, not a something. But he is hilarious.
7. My perfect day would include an all inclusive vacation in St. Thomas. We went there for our honeymoon and it was awesome. We need to go back.
Ah yes, thank you to Melissa for this award. You are one cool cat.
Rules for this award:
Tell 7 things about myself
Tag 15 of my favorite Stylish Blogs
I'm prolly gonna rewrite the rules. Just FYI.
7 things about myself:
1. I speak Cherokee. Sort of. I remember some of it. I didn't want to stress over Spanish, so I took Cherokee. And I aced it. Sequoyah would be so proud.
2. I'm a jean snob. I only buy designer jeans. But I refuse to pay designer prices. I find stuff at Stein Mart, Nordstrom Rack, and some other places that I can't think of right now. I still pay quite a bit for jeans, but I still have some from high school that I wear. So I figure I get my money's worth.
3. Mama needs a hi-lite and hair cut. Bad.
4. I buy lots of things on Amazon through their subscribe and save. Face lotions, face wash, chips, etc. They email you before they're sending it and you can say if you're ready for the shipment or if you want to wait longer. They don't charge shipping and they give you a discount for doing the subscribe and save. Plus they deliver stuff to your door. That way I don't have to keep forgetting to get stuff at Target. Because I ALWAYS forget something.
5. The last concert I went to was Jessica Simpson. When she was married to Nick Lachey.
6. I won a pair of Burberry sunglasses last year at this in-service thing for teachers. When they called my name, I ran down to the stage in this auditorium screaming. When I went to the same in-service thing this school year, the guy was giving away some other sunglasses. He said something about the girl who won last year. I go, "OMG, that was me!" He goes, "So you were the one who started screaming? We talked about that for a long time."
7. I did not win the sunglasses this year. If I would've, I would have screamed so, so loud.
Now I'm supposed to give this to 15 blogs. But I'm not going to. I'm going to choose 7. So there.
1. I'm going to go all generic and say my husband.
He's super cute. He's super witty. And gosh darn it he makes my life so fun. I mean, he really is good times.
2. My fam. I wish I had a scanner at my dang house. I have a bunch of pics of my family, but they're not on my computer. My parents are the greatest example of how to live a good life, have fun, and be the best husband/wife ever. This February is my parents 35th anniversary. They rule. Plus I have the best big brothers ever. They. Are. Awesome. We've always gotten along. I don't know how, but we have.
So those are my generic responses to what I'm thankful for.
This has also forced me to make a new to do list: -scan pics
-Today was celebration day at school for the 7th & 8th graders that met the criteria. The school rented a bunch of those blow up games and slides and what not. A couple of my kids went, so I was outside for a while with them. Just when I thought it would be an easy day at work...
-One of my students came in this morning with a couple bumps on her. I work in a low income school district, so the school nurse isn't just for our school, she's for 3 or 4 others also. So the nurse wasn't there to say what this was. So we waited. Throughout the day, the student got more bumps and they got itchy. We are 99% sure that it's chicken pox. Awesome.
-I told my principal back in August that Nate Dawg and I would be moving back to Oklahoma. Today I wrote my official resignation letter. My last day at my school will be the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I think it's the 23rd. Anyway, my principal said, "Go. You need to be with your husband." I said, "Yes ma'am, you don't have to tell me twice." I cannot wait to move back in with my husband. This whole long distance thing sucks when you're dating, but it sucks even worse when you're married.
-I went in for my free facial today. And it was awesome.
-My alarm on my phone went off an hour late. I saw it on the news that the iphones were having trouble with their alarms or whatever, but...it didn't dawn on me to actually change my alarm. Or set a different one. Normally I wake up at 5am and leave my house at 6. I woke up at 6. Stressful way to start the week.
-Gaylord Opryland is reopening. Finally! It was suuuper damaged during the May floods, so this is great news! The official opening date is November 15. I made a date for November 20 with my 2 classroom assistants. We are going to see the lights, have drinks, and do some major people watching. Very exciting!
-I love Rules of Engagement. Nate Dawg and I have watched this from the beginning and we just love it. Nate Dawg is Jeff (Puddy from Seinfeld) on that show. The stuff that is said on the show, I can actually hear coming out of Nate's mouth. So funny.
My mother-in-law swears by buring St. Joseph. They've sold quite a few houses soon after buring him in the front yard. She told me he is supposed to be upside down, facing the street. I looked online and found a few sites that said St. Joseph should also be near your For Sale sign. She gave me the St. Joseph that they've used.
1. My last haircut was probably 3 months ago. I need a trim and a hi-lite baaaad. 2. My most daring hair moment was I'm not very daring. 3. A hairstyle I'd never be brave enough to try is pixie. I think I would look like a boy. 4. I've always dreamt of being a (blonde, brunette or red-head) brunette. I think it would be much cheaper and much healthier for my hair. 5. My go-to hair do is pony tail. duh. 6. My biggest hair disaster was ew, when I tried to go brown. For some reason it turned orange. And I had a professional do it. But she made it look so, so ugly. And I had it done right before Big XII Championship in San Antonio.
7. A hairstyle I am dying to try is umm...I don't really care much about this. I don't think I'm DYING to try any hairstyle. 8. My best hair day was Brandi, my bff's, wedding day. The girl straightened my hair, then curled it with the straightener somehow, then did a low twisty thing that looks super cute. It was kind of off to the side. I took pics of these pics. Pay no attention to me drinking out of a bottle of wine at the reception. I was the best Matron of Honor ever.
9. The worst hairstyle I ever had was ugh, probably when I tried to cut my own bangs. I have a cowlick so bangs do not look good one me. Especially when I cut them myself.
10. My hair is thick. Every hair girl I've ever gone to, has said, "Wow, I didn't think you had this much hair." And it ends up taking them forever to blow dry it. It's straight when I want it to be curly, curly when I want it to be straight. Light when I want it to be dark and dark when I want it to be light. But that's ok with me.
A few months ago, Nate Dawg and I talked with our friends Katy and Robert about going to the Smoky Mountains. We haven't been there since we've lived in TN, and now that we're moving away we're wanting to go. Of course. Well, we were supposed to go this wknd. When we go out of town, Katy and Robert watch Norman. When they go out of town, we watch their 2 yorkies, Aly and Aiden. Since the 4 of us were going somewhere together, we had to find a hotel that took dogs.
I guess this is a busy wknd in the Smoky Mountains, bc we couldn't find anything. So, we thought about going to Chattanooga and doing some stuff there. Blah blah blah, Nate Dawg's couldn't come into town this weekend, blah blah blah. So Katy and Robert were still going to go. I told them I would watch their dogs.
That was my first mistake. We're trying to sell our house here in TN, so I can move back in with my husband in Oklahoma. So they drop the dogs off yesterday. Last night, I get a call that we have a showing Friday morning from 9:45-10:45. I already had Friday off bc we were supposed to go somewhere, so it wasn't a big deal.
I get up this morning, remember that the plumber is supposed to come at 8:30 bc I've messed up the toilet again, and I start cleaning and what not. 9:45 I'm trying to move the gigantic crate that the two tiny yorkies share into the garage. I run into the wall, food and water go everywhere. I start yelling.
When Morgan yells, that forces yorkies to hide. I couldn't find the dadgum dogs. I'm freakin' out because it's 9:45, there's dog food and water all over the place, and I'm supposed to be out of here. When I get upset like that, Norman always tries to make it better. So I have him following me around trying to make me calm down and just pet him. And when I start petting him, he sits all comfy on my feet, then falls to the ground. Adorable, but I'm still stressed. So I get a towel, clean up all the crap I spilled, grab Norman's leash and shake it. The sound of his tags on his collar (attached to the leash. Norman doesn't wear a collar in the house), gets the yorkies attention. They come running down the stairs. I get everyone loaded up.
I end up being so stressed that I don't leave the house until 9:55. That was ok bc the realtor wasn't here yet. I start backing out of the driveway, then I see that one light in the house is not on. I stop the car, put it in park, tell the dogs I'll be back, and race into the house. The light that I thought was off is actually on. But I knew something wasn't right. So I go back outside, start to shut the garage door, then realize that I left the rugs in the dryer. I like to fluff the bathroom rugs before someone comes to look at the house. So I open the garage door again, race inside, grab them out of the dryer, run upstairs, put them down perfectly on the bathroom floors, then run back downstairs, outside, and into the car.
I figure all is well in the world. Wrong.
I run some errands with the dogs; get gas, go to Starbucks, drive around and look at houses. By 10:45 the people haven't showed up. So I figure they're no shows. No biggie. So I go inside, move all the crap back in that I took out. Dog food stand, dog cage, bags of crap I don't have anywhere to put. Ya know, stuff like that. So at 10:55 I start a load of laundry and start living my life again. 10:57 the dogs start barking.
Guess who decided to show up late to look at the house? Oh yes. I had already turned off all the lights, turned off the mood music, shut the bedroom doors upstairs. Grr...so I start throwing crap back in my car. Try to get the dogs to get in the car. I open the front door and apologize to the realtor. I said, "I'm sorry, I thought y'all were supposed to be here by 10:45. We will be out of here in a minute. I also just started a load of laundry." So I run into the garage and realize Aly, one of the yorkies, isn't with us. Dadgum dog won't come out of the house. So I have to go back in, pick him and and throw him in the car.
I get all situated, open the garage door, and the realtor is parked right behind me. So I can't leave. I am just sitting in my car in the garage with 3 dogs.
Then the folks come into the garage. Our bonus room (man cave) is above the garage. So I'm trying not to make eye contact with them as they walk up there. So like 10 minutes later, they walk outside. The realtor comes into the garage, I open my door and she starts apologizing. I said, "Oh no, that's fine..." As I say that, all 3 dogs start barking. She can't hear me. So I nod and shut my door.
I hope those people make an offer on our house, but I don't think it will happen.
Really realtor lady???!!! You can tell the 3rd party company that schedules the showings a 2 hr time period that you may come see the house. But you said 9:45-10:45 and you show up afterwards. All you had to do was call the 3rd party company and say you're running late. Then they would've called me and everything would've been fine. But ya didn't.
I was so upset. I called my mom, Nate's mom, my bff, and no one would answer. So I called Nate. At work.
I start off, "Are you busy..." as I'm sniffling. I tell him everything and he said he was sorry and he wishes he could be there with me blah blah blah. Doesn't make me feel better. So I get ahold of my mom. And she just laughs. It wasn't a chuckle. It was a very loud laugh, almost a cackle. And that makes me laugh. So we both sat there and laughed on the phone for a while.
When Irish eyes are smiling,
Sure, 'tis like the morn in Spring.
In the lilt of Irish laughter
...You can hear the angels sing.
When Irish hearts are happy,
All the world seems bright and gay.
And when Irish eyes are smiling,
Sure, they steal your heart away.