Friday, October 22, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday



I'm a first time participant of this fill in the blank business. And I kinda like it. Check out Lauren's Blog and link up!

I am praying so very hard for my friend Paula and her family. 2 weeks ago her son fell 20 feet off of a balcony. He and a friend were on the balcony, they leaned on the railing and the railing broke. The friend was able to step back, but her son Charlie wasn't so lucky. He was falling backwards, but was somehow able to turn himself over so he fell on his face. That actually saved his life. He has traumatic brain injury, a broken neck, 5 broken ribs, broken eye socket, and he cracked his skull. But he's alive. And he is improving every day! God is so good.
Turns out it was the railing was held together by staples. He landed on aggregate. Charlie's friend has kids and when Charlie found out that it was held together by only staples, he said such a selfless thing. He said, "Thank goodness it was me that fell and not one of the kids."

I wish my friend Elizabeth would have her daughter tonight. She's being induced Monday if baby Wylie Grace doesn't make her debut before then. It would be nice if she would just show up for the party already!

I like my husband. I mean, I love the guy. But I really, really like him too. We have fun together and we LIKE to be together. We've been married 4 1/2 years (on Oct. 29) and I still get butterflies when I see him.

I can (not) cry about missing my husband. I can finish the semester here, move to Oklahoma and be with him. I think I can. I know I can.

I hope to eventually have a Theta reunion with all of my besties from college. We have all of these loooong, funny, daily emails. I miss em.

I think it's about time for these elections to be over. We DVR everything, but when I accidentally watch something live and have to see the stupid campaign commercials...it just gets on my nerves.

I was feeling sorry for myself the other day. All this crap about licensing and what not. It's frustrating, and I actually started feeling down about it. Nate Dawg told me, "Do whatever you want, as long as you're happy. You've given up so much to follow my career." How stinkin lucky am I??? But he still won't let me be a stay at home wife.

It was worth a try.



1 comment:

monica said...

i really like my hubby too!!! life is much better with a great guy by your side!

xo
monica