I had a Mexican lady, like straight up born in Mexico, who worked in my office when we lived in Texas. She said this a lot. Plus I heard it from this guy on The Simpsons.
1. I got a new student today. Which is terrific, except if you're a Special Education Teacher, then that means so much more paperwork. I also found out he's on probation. And he's in 6th grade. Then another 6th grader perked up and said he's on probation too. Now the two of them can be bff's in juvie. Ay Dios Mio!
2. I found out that my friend Erin's hubby went on a date with Carrie Underwood in college. What the what? My friend Liv went to NSU in Tahlequah and Carrie was a waitress at a restaurant they went to. Pink Lou Lou, did you hear that? Ay Dios Mio!
3. A super sweet student of mine, and I'm calling him super sweet to keep from being mad at him, asked me today when I turned 40. I said, "14 years from now. Thanks." But yesterday he said something about me being 20, so I've decided he doesn't know what he's talking about. Ay Dios Mio! and Bless his little heart.
4. Nate Dawg sent me flowers at school. He sent them yesterday, but I left early and apparently they came RIGHT after I left. So they were on my desk bright and early this morn.
In the card he called me "superwoman". Ay Dios Mio!
5. Yes, that is Dukes of Hazzard on my mousepad, what of it?
6. My pregnant friend/coworker Elizabeth got all sorts of decked out for the pep rally today. One purple/one gold sock, purple ribbons in her hair, purple shorts, gold shirt. We were by the cheerleaders, so what else would an 8 month preg girl do but dance? And cheer? She even got pom poms from a girl. It was so funny. Then our 70ish year old principal, who is always so stern, danced with her. It was hilarious. I wish I would've had a video.
7. I'm not checking my spelling in this. Just thought you should know. asl;kdfjasldkfj
Hope the rest of your week goes by fast!