Wednesday, November 9, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday


What up, homies?

I've been told I haven't blogged in a while.

Here goes nothin'

1. I'm loving that we get to stay in Oklahoma for a while longer. A few months before Miss Maggie was born, my husband found out that his company here in Tulsa was shutting down. They wanted us to move to Denver. At the time I said, "Sure, let's go." Shortly after Maggie was born, I said, "Hell to the no, I won't go." Not really, but our parents have been such a big help. They are all in love with Mags (of course) and see her at least once a week. Nate and I have gone at once a week by ourselves, which has been fantastic. If we moved to Denver, date nights would end, or we would have to pay a babysitter. Our parents babysit for free. So...Nate Dawg was offered a job with a company here in Tulsa. We are staying! yay!



2. I used to hate when people were like, "I love my kid." Of course you love your kid. Duh.
But I love the crap out of Maggie. Since she was 4 weeks old, she's been sleeping at night. Waking up every 8 hours or so. She's even had a few 10-12 hour nights. Mama like.


3. I'm kind of loving these earthquakes. Not the damage that they're doing to smalltown, Oklahoma, but it's been kinda cool to feel. I was up with Maggie when we had the first one. It scared me, but I thought it was strong wind. The next morning I told Nate Dawg. He said, "What if it was an earthquake?" I got on facebook and sure enough. Then Saturday night we were up and it really, really shook the house. Same thing Sunday night. or Monday night. I can't even remember when the last one was.

4. I'm loving that on Halloween, Maggie gave me a huge smile.



I said, "Boo!" And she gave me this look


ha!

What are you loving this week?


3 comments:

AmandaDF said...

Oh my gosh! You're daughter is adorable! And yay for sleeping through the night!

Jane said...

Aww she is adorable! I like the little mini earthquakes too. Just enough to get your blood pumping.

Brother and Elizabeth said...

Yay for a new blog! Love readinga bout Maggie and YOU!! Miss you friend!